Buy all Surfer Rosa releases here:
Tim Healey’s next single ‘Tempting To Touch’ Ft dancehall legend Top Cat taken from his forthcoming LP ‘Rest in Beats’ is set for release and to mark the occasion we have a free promo mix for give away below!
The new E.P includes remixes from Terry Hooligan & Lex’s new act: Grand Ruckus, a dubstep remix from Audio-Spektics and some electro bass terrorism care of Atomic Drop and Darth & Vader….
TIM HEALEY INTERVIEW
Tell us about your label?
Surfer Rosa was launched in June 2010. We aim to provide the very best in cutting edge sound, which has to date embraced, Electro-house, dubstep, breaks, techno, reggae and we’re putting out our first slice of stadium style drum’n’bass next month.
We work with an excellent team of super skilled producers that include Dirtyloud, Calvertron, Tomcraft, Hatiras, Felguk, Glitter, Krafty Kuts, Mark Instinct, Hed Flux (among others).
What was it like working with Top Cat on your new single ‘Tempting to Touch’?
He was super cool – I had produced this arrangement in a reggaeton style, and Top Cat was the man for the job. I was very chuffed when he agreed to do it, and even more chuffed when he sent the vocal back. I got in Pippa Trix to do the chorus vocals, and she nailed them. Very pleased.
What vocalists would you love to work with?
I have a great team of MCs and vocalists – male and female – who I work with all the time – characters like SirReal (Freestylers, Pendulum, Dub Pistols) who are consummate professionals and always a pleasure to get in the studio.
Why has it taken so long for you to do a solo artist album?
I have produced several albums, but never under the Tim Healey name. This is my first solo LP as myself. I figured it was time to come out of the name closet. The LP is called Rest in beats, and as the spoken word intro by Matt “Super Hans” King states, it is a celebration of the life of a DJ/producer who has now gone to a place where “you can always feel the groove, day or night: Tim Healey, Rest in beats.”
What’s your best bit of feedback to date and why?
Wow – I dunno – having Peter Hook (New Order) as a fan is up there, being told by industry mag Music Week that my last LP was better than LCD Soundsystem and Justice was an honour as I rate both acts hugely.
Tim Healey NEW 1 HR MIX/ PODCAST # 4 SOUNDCLOUD - http://snd.sc/f6T2av
- C-Lo Green – F**K You – Bart B More Remix (Warner)
- Peruz vs Matteo Sala & Takeshy Kurosawa – Electro Spin (Move)
- Dada life – White noize/Red heat (Dim Mak)
- Umek vs Traumer – She never wants to come down (1605 music therapy)
- Tim Healey vs Calvertron ft SirReal & Pippa Trix – Rock it Roll It (Surfer Rosa)
- Designer Drugs – Through the prism – Dada Life remix (Ultra)
- Tim Healey ft Topcat & Pippa Trix – Tempting to touch – Atomic Drop Remix (Surfer Rosa)
- Breakage ft Jess Mills – Fighting Fire – Foamo Remix (Digital Soundboy)
- Pitch Dark – San Trancisco (Vicious)
- The Stafford Brothers – Champagne Nights (Vicious)
- Blur – Song 2 – Tim Healey Edit (CDR)
- Time of my Life – Black Eyed Peas – Stanton Warriors re-rub (CDR)
- Felguk ft Sporty-O – 2nite (Giant Pussy)
- Alex Metric & Steve Angello – Open your Eyes (Size)
- Outro & Track list
Taken from Tim Healey’s forthcoming LP ‘REST IN BEATS’, Tim drops the bpms and teams up with legendary toaster, champion MC, and UK chart-topping producer TOP CAT, to deliver a slice of reggaeton. Top Cat’s fabulous top-line rides Tim’s inimitable phat bass and a dance-hall groove, with the hookiest chorus you’ll hear this spring delivered by the sassy PIPPA TRIX.
On remix duty, Brazilian rising stars DARTH & VADER bang out the electro-house vibe and Brighton-based dance dons ATOMIC DROP go all out electro-jump-up. For the dubsteppers among you, check the awesome and super-seepy bass-heavy mix from AUDIO-SPEKTIKS and TERRY HOOLIGAN and LEX‘s (of BEN & LEX fame!) new project: GRAND RUCKUS supply a bass/breaks mix to get your booty shaking.
Top Cat Attack! Heh Heh